Saturday 19 February 2022

相亲的地方 The place where it all started...

 


Was roaming the streets of Chinatown, and took a snapshot of the above building and posted it at our Family chat group. I asked my wife in the chat group: "remember this place?". 

"相亲的地方" was the answer. Bingo!

My wife and I have our blind date right there. There was a bus stop next to the shopping complex. It was called 双鱼 then (was subsequently named CK). 

We arranged to meet up at the bus stop (located adjacent to the common walkway to the right of the shopping complex). When I reached there, my wife was already waiting for me there. 

We had never met before. The meeting was arranged by my good friend ST, who got to know my wife through his work in Kallang OPD. And of course, mutual consent was obtained before the meeting could be finalized. 

My wife looked back many years later ... even though we had not met up before, when he a "nerdy" man approaching the bus stop, she knew this must be me!

Both my wife and I can't remember where we went after that - most likely we sat down to have some tea /meals?? But anyway, as others will say, the rest is history. We married after 1 year, and have three kids along the way.

Married life has its fair share of challenges. They were moments of anger, frustration, intermixed with joy, happiness and sense of fulfilment / achievement. There were minuses here and there, which I hoped are fully made up by the haves and pluses.

Cheers for the many happy years ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment