Tuesday 22 February 2022

Camera vs handphone... why the fuss?

With the ever increasing sophistication of the mobile phone lens specification, particularly the high end models, it seems a no brainer that we should take photos with our mobile phone.

Nowadays, mobile phones are perpetually "glued" to us. It is readily accessible, at any time any place (I dare say). Whereas, camera is usually kept at home when not in use. We have to make an effort to bring it along with us when outdoors.

Took the following photos- one with my mid-range Xiomi HP (during blue hours), and the other one with my Sony A6000 (late evening, when the sky was dark).

taken with Xiaomi HP

Taken with my Sony A6000 camera

At one glance, the picture was sharper with my Xiomi phone. I don't have to do any post-processing.. it is what you get with a single tap on the screen.

The photo taken with my camera needs some post-processing with Darktable. If you zoomed in, the outline of the building was not as sharp as those taken with HP. Of course, this may be due to low light setting when the photo was taken at night, compared to blue hours with Xiaomi.

But I guess the feeling of accomplishment comes when you "successfully" post-process a photo, to what you want it to be!

Guess I am rather masochistic in a way!?

No comments:

Post a Comment