Saturday 14 October 2017

Visiting CY in Melbourne

Took a short break from 4-11 Sept to visit CY in Melbourne. It coincided with the Sept school holidays in Singapore. I would rather avoid travelling during school holidays if possible. But CY's birthday was on 6 Sept. Hence, my wife and I pressed ahead, and book our tickets with Emirates. Luckily, the tickets were on offer. After rebates from our frequent flyer milestones, we paid just over $1000 for 2 tickets.

The main purpose of the trip was to see how CY is coping in Melbourne. Not so much for sightseeing. I thought of renting a car for an excursion to Philips Island over the weekend initially, but decided to shelve the plan as there were other things to take care of.

Get to know her work place/ work life, and where Leo Cusson / different court houses were located in this trip, not to mention some heated discussion on other issues.

Morning walk to her office

In front of her office

Supreme Court, where CY was admitted as Lawyer officially



Brief tour of the city via free city tram

State Library
 


waiting for free tram


Parliament House

Shrine of Remembrance









It was cold and windy. And I only brought along my jackets with me (had accidentally removed my other layers of jacket from the luggage). That's probably why I was down with flu after returning to Singapore. 



No comments:

Post a Comment