Sunday 31 January 2021

Walking down memory lane... visiting Blk 10 @ NTU

CJ has been staying in Residential Hall in NTU for the past 1 year. I have driven him to and fro NTU and our house for countless time.

I stayed in Block 10 of old Nanyang University 40 years ago, in my JC 1 (Junior College Year One). I shared the room with fellow Chung Ling classmate, Say Yeong. We shared a common toilet/bathroom with another two fellow Chung Ling classmates in adjacent room. 

Many new buildings and residential halls have been built, and the roads and landscapes have been changed drastically over the past 40 years. I have been trying to locate Block 10 residential hall for many times, but without any success.

This morning, after sending CJ back to his room, my wife and I went exploring NTU again. Finally, we managed to locate the elusive Block 10.

Block 10 Residential Unit

The tennis court where we sang National Anthem during National Day


Corridor leading to my room, 3rd from the end of the corridor


The external facade of the building and colours of the paint remain the same as before, but the floor tiles and internal decor of the room have changed somewhat. The room now comes with build in study table /book shelf. The building still looks very sturdy!

Just imagine, it was four decades ago when I first ventured into Singapore, and this was my very first place of residence, my "home"!

Me, standing in front of my old room

No comments:

Post a Comment